Kalkman supplies 5 basic thruster systems:
- Tunnel thrusters (retractable or not), with a vertical mounted propeller.
- Steering grid systems, with a horizontal mounted propeller and the same thrust in every direction over 360°. Thrust is available with a draft of only 30 cm.
- Channel systems, also with a horizontal mounted propeller. The thrust comes through 2, 3 or 4 channels. Also available in a patented version with 15% more thrust/kW.
- Tunnel-steering grid systems, a mix of a tunnel thruster and a steering grid system. This system is very useful as an emergency propulsion unit.
- Channel-steering grid systems, a mix of a channel thruster and a steering grid system. This system is very useful as a shallow draught thruster system and is used to keep vessels in position by connecting the thruster to a DP-system.
Kalkman thrusters can be supplied with electric, diesel or hydraulic drive systems
Kalkman also supplies the (remote) control systems.
Kalkman can be your partner in custom-designed thruster solutions.
Kalkman invented the ballastjet, a very efficient alternative to the standard ballast pumps with no piping and small space and power needed: e.g. 1200 m³ water with an 11 kW electric motor.