Young NMT – René Beute
1. Where do you work and what are you working on there?
I am working for Deal, based in Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, the Netherlands. We are the promotion and acquisition company of the Drecht Cities. As a Manager Acquisition I am helping (inter)national companies in the maritime industry to invest in our area (Drecht Cities). We have a strong cluster of maritime companies and we are working on improving the ecosystem in this area.
2. What makes the maritime sector special to work in?
The special thing about the maritime industry is the large-scale cooperation, the openness of people and the incredible complex things that are made. Innovation is key in this and it really appeals to me.
3. Why do you need a platform like Young NMT and what do you hope to achieve with it?
Young NMT ensures connections with young people in the maritime sector. This allows you to easily expand your network and switch with people of the same age.
4. How can Young Professionals contribute to continuous developments in the market?
With fresh ideas combined with the knowledge of experienced professionals, it must be possible to create beautiful, new things. As a result, knowledge is transferred to the younger generation and knowledge is guaranteed. The connection between young and experienced is therefore extremely important.
5. What do you think is the biggest challenge of the maritime sector and why?
Innovation and digitization. There are so many opportunities in the maritime industry. The sector is reasonably preserved and can achieve much more new innovations and/in digital working. There are the opportunities for the sector in the coming years. In addition, developments around sustainability remain extremely important.