Will you attend Asia's largest shipbuilding exhibition? NMT is organizing the NL Pavilion during Marintec China 2023. For over 40 years, the Marintec exhibition has been known as the most complete B2B platform for the international maritime industry. With over 71,000 professional visitors from 100 countries, this is definitely not to be missed. Sign up
For more than 40 years, the Marintec China exhibition has been known as the most comprehensive B2B platform for the international maritime industry. Organized with the professional expertise of China's largest trade fair organizer - under its current name Informa Markets - in partnership with the Shanghai Society of Naval Architects & Marine Engineers (SSNAME). The latest 2019 edition of this biennial event hosted 2,200 exhibitors (from more than 32 countries) and 71,736 professional visitors from 100 countries. Marintec China is considered the gateway to the Asian maritime market and offers the widest range of exhibiting companies, manufacturers and service providers across the entire supply chain for shipbuilding and professional services, components and equipment. The show also hosts one of the industry's leading conferences: the Senior Maritime Forum. The 2021 edition of the Senior Maritime Forum will take place from Dec. 6 - 9 at the Kerry Hotel associated with the Marintec China exhibition at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. In addition to the Senior Maritime Forum, Marintec China will also host more than 30 seminars on specific topics and new product launches on the exhibition floor itself.
The Chinese market
After a low point in order intake in 2016, order levels were slowly recovering. In 2019, Chinese shipyards were able to add 327 commercial seagoing vessels to the order book worth CGT 6.4 million, down 10% from 2018. The order book stood at 27 million CGT at the end of 2019, putting China at number one, South Korea's order book stood at 21 million CGT and those of Japan and Europe at 12 million CGT. The diversity of ship types built is also high, although the largest categories include bulk carriers, oil tankers and container ships. In addition, a number of notable orders for large ferries have been placed in China, mostly ordered by European customers. Large ferries are a new market segment for Chinese yards, in addition to the cruise market, where some projects are now under construction. The Chinese shipbuilding industry is going for higher quality and more specialized shipbuilding in the coming years, and knows it is supported by the government under the "Made in China 2025" plan. The development of China's maritime supply industry is also being encouraged by the government. Although there is a threat of an emerging 'local content policy' in the supply industry, Chinese shipbuilding definitely still offers plenty of opportunities for Dutch suppliers. Our suppliers are generally at a higher level in terms of quality and innovative capacity than the local Chinese parties. This fits perfectly with the developments in Chinese shipbuilding outlined earlier.
Six reasons to choose to participate via the NL Pavilion
- With the strikingly Dutch look that characterizes the NL Pavilion, trade show visitors looking for quality and innovative craftsmanship are sure to find your company.
- The 390 m2 NL Pavilion is excellently centrally located in the middle of the exhibition hall, on the main aisles. A top location for companies that deserve to be in the spotlight. Choose your desired number of meters . There is a minimum amount of meters for your stand (9m2), no maximum.
- Save time and effort. Participate in Marintec China without any worries. NMT makes it possible for you and also offers you the comfort of WiFi availability.
- The conviviality of participating in a trade fair together with other Dutch maritime companies. Through the NL Pavilion you build and maintain your maritime network.
- Invite all your (potential) customers to the NL Networking Reception.
- NMT brings the "Dutch touch. The bar staff will make sure you can start your day with fresh coffee. Also cheese, peppermints and licorice are waiting for you in the pavilion.
Participation is including
- Stand construction including display of your company logo and name
- Stand inventory, electricity and lighting
- Joint central lounge with catering (including lunch)
- NMT network reception
- Offer NMT travel and transport arrangements
- Joint PR
- WiFi available in the NL Pavilion
- Support from NMT
- Members: €1195 excluding VAT and travel and accommodation costs
- Non-members: €1295 excluding VAT and travel and accommodation costs
For more information, please contact Evy Menheere, Trade Promotion Manager at NMT at T 088 44 51 014 or E email@example.com