In 2015 we started our journey with researching sustainable alternatives for petrol-based ship engines. Because, as we see it, in the near future shipping has to become more environmentally friendly: it will need clean and silent propulsions. Better for everybody.
We started small, did numerous experiments, learned what did not work, became hardheaded and learned what did work. Putting it all together in 2020, we decided to move ahead with a rim-driven thruster.
The technology from our rim-driven thruster is based upon an electric motor and brings the following:
- It is green, it is sustainable. With our propulsion, you can replace your internal-combustion engine with a cleaner alternative.
- Our solution is silent. Above the water and underwater. Better for humans and nature.
- A shaftless propeller helps to avoid that dirt in the water blocks the thruster.
- Easy mounting to your ship. Basically it isn’t much more than attaching the thruster and connecting the cables to the batteries.
- Although we are still researching and experimenting, the results are such that high-power solutions are feasible.